City Hive invoices are generated on a monthly basis and emailed to your users that are opted into billing emails.
All City Hive invoices can also be accessed by visiting your City Hive Dashboard > Settings > Billing.
In the Billing section of the Dashboard, you can review your subscription information, upcoming charges, past invoices, previous charges, and account balance history. Please find details on each of these sections below, as well as a more detailed overview on invoices and how to add a new payment method.
Your subscription information will outline when your subscription started, your next bill date, your monthly subscription price, and the current default payment method. If you have added a credit card, you'll see the default credit card on file that is used for your charges and invoices.
If for payment method,
- You see an expiration date and the last four digits of a credit card, then that is your default credit card on file.
- You see 'DYNAMIC [NOT SET]' that means that you are set up to pay with a credit card, but need to add a credit card to process payments.
- You see '12/2022 ****oobp' that means you are set up to pay by check or wire.
ACH Payments are coming soon. If you are interested in getting set up with ACH Payments directly through the dashboard, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this article
to learn how to add a new payment method.
On the subscription page, you will see your upcoming and past invoices. Invoices are comprised of the following items
- Monthly Subscription
- Pay per user or use for additional features (e.g., Subscribers, SMS, In-Store Purchases)
- Discounts and rebates (e.g., two month trial, rebates for co-sponsored coupons)
- Account Balance, which includes refunds, deliveries, chargebacks, and any adjustments
City Hive transaction fees, credit card fees, and insurance fees are not reflected on your monthly invoice because they are deducted prior to disbursement for each transaction (i.e., for each order). You can review the details of these fees in your transaction report. Additional details on reconciling bank disbursements can be found here
To view invoices for all of your locations, you will need to visit the invoice tab within billing from the multi-user as shown in the image below:
On the Subscription and Invoices pages, you can download a report on your invoices by clicking the cloud and selecting the date range of invoices that you would like to review.
Once you download the report, you can pivot to review the breakdown of invoice line items by invoice. Please reference the following definitions and recommendations for the report:
- Invoice Number is the Invoice ID
- Invoice State indicates whether the invoice is paid, pending, or failed
- Invoice Date indicates the date the invoice was generated
- Billing Period indicates the billing period covered by the invoice
- Payment Method indicates the payment method used on the invoice
- Payment Sender Name and Payment Sender ID indicate the entity paying for the invoice - for entities with multiple subscriptions across locations, you can use this value to review by location
- Item Description includes a description of the item on the invoice
- Item Type identifies the type of item on the invoice
- Item Amount identifies the amount charged for the item on the invoice, including any applicable sales tax - for the pivot table, you will want to use the sum of this value
Sample pivot set up below:
To download a PDF version of an invoice, please click the PDF icon next to the invoice on the Invoices page, or click "Print" in the top right of any invoice's individual page.
For any invoices marked as pending or failed, you can issue payment by clicking the "Pay Now" button next to the invoice and selecting your preferred payment method.
The account balance report can be found on the Subscription page and allows you to review all of the deliveries, refunds, and chargebacks as they are processed for your account.
To download the report, select the cloud next to the account balance report and input the date range that you would like to review. Our invoices run from 12AM ET on the first of the month through 12AM ET on the last day of the month (e.g., 1/1/22 12AM - 1/30/22 11:59PM).
Please note, we recently transitioned our invoice billing periods. Invoices for December 2021 cover the period from 11/30/21 10AM through 12/31/21 11:59PM. Invoices prior to December 2021, ran from 10AM on the last day of the previous month through 10AM on the last day of the current month. For example, if you are reviewing your October 2021 invoice, you'll want to at least input 9/30/21 10AM - 10/31/21 10AM as the date range.
Once you download the report, you can create a pivot table in Excel and review fees by location, item type, or invoice. For example, if you have multiple locations and want to see each charge by location and type, you would set up your pivot table as follows:
You can also use the "billed through" and "billed at" columns to help identify which balance items were billed through which of your invoices. This is helpful for reviewing multiple months at a time.
Refunds often occur when an order is edited after approval, which may require reprocessing the transaction with the customer. When a refund occurs, City Hive refunds the customer on behalf of our merchants and then we collect these refunded amounts through immediate charges or the account balance on the invoice. Learn more about refunding orders
or editing orders
by clicking the links.
Past orders for physical marketing materials, such as postcards or stickers, are reflected in the Orders section of billing.
Charges reflect all charges processed on your account. For example, when you pay for refunds immediately as they occur, you will see each refund reflected as a separate charge. When you pay your monthly invoice, you will see this reflected as a separate charge.
Any amounts for less than $10 will not be charged and will instead be added to your account balance and included in your next invoice. For example, if you issue a refund for $8 then that will not be immediately charged, and will instead be included in your next invoice.
If a charge fails for a refund, chargeback, or merchant product order then the amount will be added to your account balance and included in your next invoice.
If a charge fails for an invoice, you will see it reflected up to three times, as we will automatically retry your payment method up to three times. If the charge fails once, but is successful on the second attempt, you will see this reflected as one "failed" attempt and one "charged" attempt for the same item.