Please find an overview of chargebacks here. Details regarding disputing a chargeback and recommended evidence are outlined below.
Once a customer files a chargeback, you will be instantly notified about the chargeback via email. Once that happens, you'll have 4 days (96 hours) to submit any evidence to retrieve your funds (excluding the chargeback fee).
Any chargeback results in an immediate $15 fee that is billed to your account.
There is no fee associated with disputing a chargeback claim, however a “won” dispute could be challenged a second time by the customer resulting in an additional $15 fee. Therefore, it is only recommended that you dispute the chargeback if you know for sure that this is a customer error.
City Hive is not liable for chargebacks or chargeback fees.
Accepting a Chargeback
Merchants typically accept a chargeback if the transaction is known to be fraudulent (i.e., the owner of the credit card did not make the purchase) OR a refund is warranted.
While accepting a chargeback indicates that you do not wish to take further action and are liable for the claim, it does not necessarily mean that you agree with the claim.
If a refund is warranted and a chargeback has already been submitted, it is recommended to accept the chargeback in lieu of issuing a refund. This allows you to avoid double-crediting your customer: once for the refund and once for the chargeback.
Disputing a Chargeback (Evidence Required)
You can dispute a chargeback by submitting a dispute to email@example.com and providing evidence. We recommend obtaining these items for all transactions so you are prepared in the event that a chargeback occurs. Evidence includes, but is not limited to:
- Photo of their ID (e.g., Driver’s License) that matches the Credit Card
- Copy of their signature when dropping off the delivery
- A video of the customer picking up the product
For chargebacks related to fraud or product not received, you are required to submit one of the following (though the more evidence that you can provide, the more likely you are to win and there is no limit to the amount of evidence that can be included):
- Documentation to prove the customer is in possession of or using the merchandise
- Proof of a signed delivery form, or copy of customer ID as proof goods were picked up at your business location
- Proof of delivery to the address associated with an AVS matched response
- Proof of delivery and customer proof of employment at the delivery location
- Proof that ticket was received or used
- Proof that the transaction was completed by an authorized signer associated with the cardholder
- Proof of a signed order form for a mail or phone transaction
- Proof of digital goods downloaded from your website or app
- Proof of previously undisputed transaction for the same merchandise or service
- Proof of previously undisputed recurring transaction history
City Hive is committed to protecting our partnering merchants from fraud. We also offer a third party fraud insurance coverage that can be added to your e-commerce package to ensure you're not liable for future fraudulent transactions. -- Contact us to get more information or a quote.
Use the following resources to prevent fraudulent credit card transactions:
- Protect against credit card fraud
- Verify credit cards
- Block an account from ordering