An automatic discount is a discount that applies automatically when the parameters are met. Unlike a coupon, it does not require the customer to enter a code to receive the discount.
Automatic discounts are available to use with the following subscription plans. Merchants not on one of these plans will be automatically upgraded upon launch.
- Standard (Case Discounts Only)
Popular examples of automatic discounts include:
- 10% off 6 or more bottles of wine
- Free delivery for all orders on the app
- Begin on the Automatic Discount page in the Promotions section on the left menu bar
- Click on 'New Underlying Rule' at the top right of the screen
- Fill out the details of the campaign
- Rule Name: This is the name that will show up in your discount list. It will not be visible to your customers.
- Rule Description: This is where you describe the discount the customer will receive. It will not be visible to your customers.
- Discount Amount: This is the amount that will be taken off the order. You can toggle between the dollar mode to percentage modes by clicking the $ symbol next to the field.
- Max Discount Amount: This is the max dollar amount that can be given to a customer when using a percentage discount. This can be left blank if you wish.
- Click 'Continue' at the top right of the screen to proceed to the discount options
- Choose discount parameters
- Offer type: Limit the discount to specific order types (pickup, delivery, shipping)
- Email: Limit the discount to specific email addresses ( email@example.com ) or email domains (anyone with "@gmail.com")
- Date Limited: Limit the discount to a specific set of dates (today to next Monday)
- Time Limited: Limit the discount to specific hours of the day
- Day Limited: Limit the discount to a specific day of the month (every month on the 21st) or day of the week (every Friday)
- Minimum Order Amount: Limit the discount to only apply on orders with subtotal above this amount
- Category and Product: Limit the discount to only apply on certain products, categories, or quantities.
- First Order: Limit the discount to only apply to customers who have less than a specified number of orders.
- Excludes Discounts: Limit the discount to only apply on non-sale items or items without the "nodiscount" tag
- Geo: Limit the discount to only apply to a specific geographic area
- Customer Specific: Limit the discount to only apply to specific customer parameters
- Order Origin: Limit the discount to only orders placed on the app or website
- Discount Feature: Offer dollar or % discounts on shipping and delivery fees
- Review and click 'Create' to save the discount
How do I configure a case discount?
How do I configure a free delivery discount?
- Recommended configuration: On the campaign details page (first screen) set the discount amount to $0. Skip to the Date page and set the dates that the discount will be valid until. Skip to the Feature Discount page and set the discount amount to 100, check the percentage option and check the for delivery option.