A Google My Business account - Lets your store information show up in search results when people are looking for you online. This allows you to improve your local SEO and your store will show up frequently driving more traffic to your website.
Allows your store to be discoverable across search engines
- Keeps your customers informed of products available at your store and any other information they are looking for
- Builds trust between you and the customers allowing them to learn and contact your store
Setting up your Google My Business account:
1. You can set up your Google My Business account by following this link: www.google.com/business you can either sign in with a current gmail account that you are using or create a new one.
2. Once signed in you'll enter your business name and if doesn't appear you'll select "add your business" to Google
3. You'll choose the category that fits your business for example Wine & Spirit shop
4. Enter the location of your store so customers know where to visit
5. Fill in your contact information
6. Finish and manage your listing
7. Verify your business:
- Make sure that all of your business information is correct, once verified it means that all your information is ready for your customers to find on Google.
- You’ll select a verification option, you can “Verify Now” or “Verify Later”
8. Google reviews:
- Reviews are defaulted onto your Google listing, however you can request to remove a review if it violates Google review policies.
- Before you can respond to reviews you’ll have to verify your business, you can then reply directly through the Google My Business App or on your Business Profile on Google Maps
- Benefits of Reviews:
- Replying to reviews will help build your customers trust
- Reviews can boost recognition
- Important to remind your customers to leave reviews to spread the word!
Sign in to your Google My Business
- Select the organization from the drop-down menu
- Click on menu for the organization and choose details
- Under the organization name you'll see a 10 digit organization ID