What is an automatic discount?
Types of discounts
Step 1. Create an automatic discount
Step 2. Fill out the details
1. Rule Name: This is the name that will show up in your discount list.
2. Rule Description: This is where you describe the discount the customer will receive. It will be visible to your customers so make sure it is clear and concise.
3. Discount Amount: This is the amount that will be taken off the order. You can toggle between the dollar mode to percentage modes by clicking the symbol next to the field.
4. Max Discount Amount: This is the max dollar amount that can be given to a customer when using a percentage discount. This can be left blank if you wish.
Step 3. Choose discount parameters
For a basic order discount, you can choose to skip all of the plugins.
- Offer type - Limit the discount to specific order types (pickup, delivery, shipping)
- Email - Limit the discount to specific email addresses ( email@example.com ) or email domains (anyone with "@gmail.com")
- Date Limited - Limit the discount to a specific set of dates (today to next Monday)
- Time Limited - Limit the discount to specific hours of the day
- Day Limited - Limit the discount to a specific day of the month (every month on the 21st) or day of the week (every Friday)
- Minimum Order Amount - Limit the discount to only apply on orders with subtotal above this amount
- Category and Product - Limit the discount to only apply on certain products, categories, or quantities.
We'll go into detail on this plugin for product specific discounts
- First Order - Limit the discount to only apply to customers who have less than a specified number of orders
- Excludes Discounts - Limit the discount to only apply on non-sale items or items without the "NODISCOUNT" tag
We strongly suggest using this plugin for every discount to prevent "double dipping"
- Geo - Limit the discount to only apply to a specific geographic area
- Customer Specific - Limit the discount to only apply to specific customer IDs
Make sure to click continue after each plugin that you activate to save the setting.
Step 4. Review and save
Step 1. Create the discount
Step 2. Navigate to add ons - discount feature
Just before the Summary screen where you can review the details of the discount, you'll find the discount feature section.
Step 3. Set delivery/shipping discount
If you have any questions or need assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org