Editing your website via WordPress and Elementor can provide a great opportunity for customization. Below, you will find how to get started as well as best practices for customizing your site design.
In order to customize your site, you will need to request WordPress access. To do so,
to send an email with the subject “WordPress Access” and include your desired username, email address, and password. Once your login is all set, we will send an email back to confirm that you’re ready to rock and roll!
How to Edit
1) Use the login credentials that were emailed to you
2) Click your store name at the top left of the screen
3) Click "Edit with Elementor" in the top menu bar
Design Best Practices
There are a few sections of the website that are integral when it comes to functionality. For example, there are sections with shortcodes for products, HTML widgets, or information that are linked directly from the dashboard. When you come across a shortcode section or a global widget, please do not remove it!
If you try to edit shortcode, it will look like this:
If you try to edit HTML, it will look like this:
If you try to edit a global widget, it will look like this:
Updating Parts of Your Site from the Dashboard
There are also sections of the default websites which should be edited from the dashboard as opposed to WordPress. Examples of this include changes in content to the top menu, the logo, and the contact information.
- To update your top menu: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/customize-your-navigation-menu
- To update your logo: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/submit-logo
- To update your contact information: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/conta
- To update your store hours: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/store-hours
Other Helpful Articles
In addition to the changes above, there are also a few other tips and tricks for filling out your site via the dashboard.
- Uploading Promo Banners: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/upload
- Customizing Tiles: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/edit-the-tiles-via-the-dashboard
- Image Format Restrictions and Qualifications: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/rec
- Adding and Removing Staff Picks and Featured Items: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/staff-picks-featured-products
- Adding and Removing Best Sellers, New Arrivals, On Sale, Countries & Pairings: https://support.cityhive.net/portal/en/kb/articles/pairings-section-control-by-tags
SEO Tips, Tricks and Best Practices for Serverless Sites
City Hive is an e-commerce platform as opposed to a website platform. We work to optimize SEO from the offset, so you have time to focus on making sales instead of improving SEO by hand. How is a City Hive Serverless Site different? As opposed to ...
Add/Remove Best Sellers, New Arrivals, On Sale, Countries, Pairings & Back In Stock
You can have more control of the products showing up in your best sellers, new arrivals, on sale, countries, and pairings sections by using tags. Tags can either force inventory into these groups or remove them if you prefer to skip them from showing ...
Create and Customize City Hive Pages
Pages are a great way to add customization to your site while keeping it speedy and SEO friendly. They can be utilized to give more information about your store and your team, to highlight a product or brand, to post weekly sale flyers, and more. To ...
Images Formats - Restrictions and Recommendations
Website Category Tiles Mobile view: square, 500*500 px JPG/PNG up to 1MB Desktop view: horizontal rectangle, 1000*430 px JPG/PNG up to 1MB App Category Tiles Best Size: 600*757px JPG/PNG up to 1MB Learn more about how to customize your mobile app ...
Reconcile Bank Disbursements
Disbursements are sent to your bank once a business day at 6PM EST. If an order is accepted before that time then the order will be disbursed the next business day. If an order is accepted after 6PM EST, then it will be sent to your bank in 2 ...